From s-oua...@artefrance.fr
Subject Re: Problem with conditionnal page sequences
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2004 10:14:44 GMT
Thanks for the address, and excuse me for the bad post ... :o)

You're right, the biggest part of the problem was about XSLT. But I needed
to remove some static contents on these pages, I used marker inside static
content to resolve the problem, don't know if that's a pretty way to
resolve this type of problem but it works perfectly.

Here is a part of the code I used, in the case it can help someone later
on this list :

<xsl:if test="THEME != following-sibling::FICHE[1]/THEME">
        <fo:block><xsl:call-template name="USESTATICBLANKBORDERS"
/></fo:block>
        <fo:block break-before="even-page" break-after="page">
        <fo:external-graphic width="210mm" height="297mm">
                <xsl:attribute name="src">
 file:/home/catalogue/www/fr_fichiers/img/CD_SKIN/<xsl:value-of
select="FICHE[1]/THEME"/>.jpg
                </xsl:attribute>
        </fo:external-graphic>
        </fo:block>
</xsl:if>

Within :

<xsl:template name="USESTATICBLANKBORDERS">
        <!-- clean up the borders used in static content -->
        <fo:marker marker-class-name="theme_odd" />
        <fo:marker marker-class-name="theme_even" />
</xsl:template>

And the static content :

<fo:static-content flow-name="margin-even">
        <fo:retrieve-marker retrieve-class-name="theme_even" />
</fo:static-content>

<fo:static-content flow-name="margin-odd">
        <fo:retrieve-marker retrieve-class-name="theme_odd" />
</fo:static-content>

Here is the result (10Mo to download... but I think that's a good example
of what FOP can do ^^ ... i love it i love it) :

http://www.tatouage.fr/temp/commercial_english.pdf

Symon

Simon OUALID
ARTE FRANCE
Analyste Programmeur
s-oualid@artefrance.fr
Tél : 01.55.00.70.70
Fax : 01.55.00.73.89

"J.Pietschmann" <j3322ptm@yahoo.de>
12/02/2004 01:09
Veuillez répondre à fop-user

        Pour :  fop-user@xml.apache.org
        cc :
        Objet : Re: Problem with conditionnal page sequences

s-oualid@artefrance.fr wrote:
> But now, my favourite graphist gave me beautifull SVG files to integrate

> between the differents categories... So I thought i'd be able to make
> something like a "conditionnal page sequences" to insert this SVG
> between my different categories... I tried this code :

This appears to be a grouping problem. See Jeni's XSLT
pages
  http://www.jenitennison.com/xslt/grouping/index.html
and the XSLT FAQ reachable from here
  http://www.mulberrytech.com/xsl/xsl-list/
In general, XSLT questions are best asked on the XSL list.

J.Pietschmann