From Christian Hattemer <c.hatte...@arcor.de>
Subject fop CVS snapshot doesn't build with JDK 1.3
Date Thu, 03 Jun 2004 19:47:31 GMT
Hi,

since fop 0.20.5 has the problem of endlessly creating new pages mentioned in
the FAQ, I tried to build the CVS snapshot xml-fop_20040602103615.tar.gz.

I have the Sun JDK 1.3.1 and ant 1.6.1. It isn't possible to run a newer JDK.

To build I simply run build.sh. My classpath is:
/home/krille/jai-1_1_2/lib/jai_codec.jar:
/home/krille/jai-1_1_2/lib/jai_core.jar:
/home/krille/jai-1_1_2/lib/mlibwrapper_jai.jar:
/home/krille/xml-fop/lib/xalan-2.4.1.jar

The build instructions said it wouldn't be necessary to set the classpath, but
I have added JAI to build with it. The xalan jar seems to be necessary or ant
will fail.

In the ant output the build gets up to the line:
[javac] Compiling 599 source files to /home/krille/xml-fop/build/classes

Then loads of error messages in a number of files follow. Since they all follow
the same pattern I have only pasted the first three. The full log is available on
request.

    [javac] /home/krille/xml-fop/src/java/org/apache/fop/fo/FOText.java:132: Undefined variable
or class name: WhiteSpaceCollapse

    [javac]         if (textInfo.whiteSpaceCollapse == WhiteSpaceCollapse.FALSE

    [javac]                                            ^

    [javac] /home/krille/xml-fop/src/java/org/apache/fop/fo/FOText.java:195: Undefined variable
or class name: TextTransform

    [javac]         if (textInfo.textTransform == TextTransform.NONE) {

    [javac]                                       ^

    [javac] /home/krille/xml-fop/src/java/org/apache/fop/fo/FOText.java:324: Constant expression
required.

    [javac]         case TextTransform.NONE:

    [javac]         ^

How to fix this? It has also happened with some of the previous snapshots.
Is it a problem with the code being broken at the moment, or something else?

Alternatively I would also be happy with an uptodate binary build.

Bye, Chris