From Paul Tremblay <phthe...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Where to download high-quality fonts
Date Sat, 05 Jun 2004 06:16:59 GMT
On Fri, Jun 04, 2004 at 12:31:36PM +1000, Peter B. West wrote:

> The American Mathematical Society has the copyright on the Computer
> Modern fonts. http://www.ams.org/tex/type1-fonts.html
>
> These are available in Type 1 format.  In addition, there are
> AMS-developed fonts for mathematics.
>
> Peter

Okay, I downloaded these fonts and found both an afm and a pfb file. I
need pfm rather than afm files. So I used a converter called "afm2pfm."

When I run this utility, I get:

Warning on line 1, ignoring
Warning on line 2, ignoring
Warning: setting lower case ascent from AFM Ascender
Warning: setting upper case descent from AFM Descender
Warning: calculating average width from all characters
Segmentation fault

I do get a resulting pfm file, which I can then use to generate an XML
file. However, when I then use this file with FOP, FOP puts a page-break
after each block element.

I also notice that with cmb10, I get only a limited range of characters,
up to unicode values 128 (ASCII).

thanks

Paul