From Chris Bowditch <bowditch_ch...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Text disappearing in the PDF generated from a FO
Date Fri, 04 Jun 2004 14:30:42 GMT
Abhijit Junnare wrote:

> Hello All,
> I am generating PDF from XML using XSLT. When I
> generate a PDF some portion of the XML is not being
> printed. Actually I see blank space in that portion of
> the PDF. This is happening at the end of the first
> page. I do not have any keep togethers so if the block
> doesnot fit on the first page then it should break and
> continue on the next page. If I reduce the margins on
> the page so that the whole content fits on page 1 then
> all the content appears properly. I generated the FO
> and PDF from that FO with same results. I see the text
> in my FO but not on the PDF. Could this be some kind
> of a bug?

Possibly. Need to see the complete FO file to be sure. Please check that the
body region is not overlapping the region-after. Also run from the command
line and check to see if FOP generates any warnings, such as "content doesnt
fit in area" or similar.

> Below is the FO part that has a problem
>
> <fo:block start-indent="from-parent(start-indent) +
> 12pt" color="black" space-before="5pt"
> space-before.conditionality="discard">

Just FYI, space-* conditionality properties are not implemented in FOP 0.20.5.
space-* properties always behave as though conditionality="retain"

<snip/>

Chris