From Chris Bowditch <bowditch_ch...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: CMAP
Date Fri, 04 Jun 2004 14:58:41 GMT
Joachim.Unger@softwareag.com wrote:

> Hi FOP-users!
>
> Does anybody know why there is no cmap section generated for embedded
> fonts.
> When using the TTFReader to calculate the metrics I get some bfrange
> infos in the xml document.
> That's what I can use for a ToUnicode - cmap. Am I wrong?

I know CMAP/Unicode issues with TTFReader have been discussed several times
before. I *think* the reason no cmap table is generated is simply because no
one has got round to implementing it yet. I'm pretty certain it was discussed
before. I did try to find that discussion in the archives, but the only semi
relevant thread I found was:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=fop-dev&m=103032139015649&w=2

Chris