From "J.Pietschmann" <j3322...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: Help me in Page Border
Date Tue, 08 Jun 2004 20:46:43 GMT
Chris Bowditch wrote:
> beacuase block-container is an out of flow object, typically used for
> absolutely positioning data. As such it does not generate content that
> flows onto further pages.

This is not correct. An absolutely positioned block-container is
an out-of-flow object and wont break across pages, but otherwise
a block-container should work the same way a normal block works,
with the exception that the block-container generates reference
areas and therefore can be used to change writing modes and reference
orientation. The FOP maintenance branch implementation isn't complete
in particular with regards to the latter. It should break across pages
unless absolutely positioned though. I suspect the OP did this,
otherwise it wouldn't be of any use for generating the page border
(height is ignored as well unless absolute positioning is in effect).

J.Pietschmann