From Clay Leeds <cle...@medata.com>
Subject Re: Hyphenation foundry [was: Re: proposed font project]
Date Wed, 16 Jun 2004 20:40:21 GMT
On Jun 16, 2004, at 12:20 PM, Simon Pepping wrote:
> Hi Clay,

Hi Simon!

> On Sat, May 29, 2004 at 10:02:37PM -0700, Clay Leeds wrote:
>> It would also be good to develop some sort of hyphenation foundry...
>
> I think it is time to create a project for the hyphenation files at
> Sourceforge. The project should be a home for all sorts of accessories
> to FOP, or even to FO processors in general. Do you want to
> participate? Do you know a nice name?
>
> Regards, Simon

Sure! I'd love to participate! I don't know how yet, though...

Ideas for names? I guess it depends on how 'we' want to position this
foundry. Is the foundry geared toward FOP users?

* fopstuff
* fop-stuff
* fostuff
* fo-stuff
* xslfostuff
* xsl-fo-stuff
* foptoys
* fop-toys
* fotoys
* fo-toys
* xslfotoys
* xsl-fo-toys
* fopaccessories
* fop-accessories
* foaccessories
* fo-accessories
* xslfoaccessories
* xsl-fo-accessories
* fopperipherals
* fop-peripherals
* foperipherals
* fo-peripherals
* xslfoperipherals
* xsl-fo-peripherals

I don't have a particular favorite, although since there are so many,
it wouldn't be very helpful if I didn't 'choose' one or two. I like the
ones *with* the hyphen (no pun intended! ;-) -- which makes it easier
to read):

* xsl-fo-toys
* xsl-fo-stuff

In addition, since we want it to be of broader use (i.e., not just
FOP), I would think we'd want to use one of the 'fo' or 'xsl-fo'
prefixes (with or without hyphens) over the 'fop' based ones.

Hope this helps!

Web Maestro Clay <webmaestro@mac.com>
---
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand
binary and those who don't.