From Dave_S_Wh...@KeyBank.com
Subject BUG in static content layout?
Date Wed, 02 Jun 2004 12:15:38 GMT

I'm using fop 0.20.4 and getting some very strange behavior with the layout
of static content. I have a 5 page document that is very tight on space (
.25 inch margins, .375 in footer, for example). I have a footer that
occupies .25in when drawn that I am putting in a region-after whose extent
is .375in. I also have a conditional page master in place separating page 1
from 2-5. I am getting a warning that states "Some static content could not
fit in area" although it draws the content on page 1, 2, and 4. The strange
part is that I get the warning after page 2, then page 3 get's no content
drawn in the region-after. Likewise with page 4 and 5 ( 4 gets the warning,
5 gets no content).

If I make my region after extent very large ( 1in ), all warnings go away,
and all footers are drawn, but the document layout cannot support this.

It seems to me like there is a problem in the way the size of the
region-after content is being determined, and sometimes the calcualtion is
off by enough that it will not even attempt to draw anything.... This is,
of course, just a guess.

This is a showstopper for me and I've been struggling with it for several
days, any thoughts?

TIA,
dave
intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying,
the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy.   This
communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers
directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose
information.