From Chris Bowditch <bowditch_ch...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: out of memory exception while creating font metrics
Date Tue, 13 Jul 2004 09:44:33 GMT
Chandrasekhar Sanku wrote:

> Hi all,
>

>     To use system fonts in FOP, I am creating metrics files for each
> font. While doing this process, my program is giving out of memory
> exception.
>
> How to resolve this problem…..
>

>    I am attaching the method what I have written….

Some of the fonts in the Windows System area are fairly chunky, Arial Unicode
has loads of glyphs in it, and 64M probably isnt enough to process it.
Increase your JVM heap to 256M, and try again. If it still fails, do a
System.out on each font/style to show progress so you can see which font
causes the OutOfMemoryException.

Chris