From "Chris Pratt" <chr...@planetpratt.com>
Subject RE: PDF->PS->PDF with EPS
Date Sun, 11 Jul 2004 03:38:48 GMT
How about just delivering a link to FreeHEP and requiring the end user to
download FreeHEP if they need that support and are willing to agree to the
license?
  (*Chris*)

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeremias Maerki [mailto:dev.jeremias@greenmail.ch]
Sent: Saturday, July 10, 2004 2:34 pm
To: fop-user@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: PDF->PS->PDF with EPS

Hehe, I'm dreaming about that, too. Means we need a PostScript
interpreter. FreeHEP has a PS interpreter but it is distributed under
the LGPL which makes virtually impossible for us to use.

Any students out there looking for a nice little project? How about
writing a PostScript interpreter? :-)

Without that interpreter there's no way we can get EPS files to display
in Acrobat Reader. Work-arounds involve external programs that convert
EPS to SVG, for example.

On 09.07.2004 19:57:55 Wouter de Vaal wrote:
> (but I even hope more that in FOP 1.0 the eps's will
> allways show op in acrobat programs ;-).

Jeremias Maerki