From Clay Leeds <cle...@medata.com>
Subject Re: Parsing string or numbers after x characters
Date Mon, 12 Jul 2004 14:04:55 GMT
Julien,

On Jul 12, 2004, at 5:27 AM, Julien Barbin wrote:
> My problem is that I receive for example a date in a concatenated
> format:
>
> Ex: 20041207
>
> And I have to retrieve it in a readable format through my xslt-fo
> transformation.
>
> Ex: 12 July 2004
>
> I tried using substring for that, but I don't have any reference
> character to look for in order to parse. Is there a function which
> parses strings or numbers after a certain amount of characters
> directly.
>
> Thanks in advance for those which will respond.
>
> Julien

This is more of an XSLT question that would be better made on an XSLT
list, which you'll find on The FOP Mailing List page [1]. In
particular, you want the XSLT List on the bottom of the page, but
you'll find other good information there which you can use in the
General Information section. Good luck!

Web Maestro Clay

p.s. Even better, you may not have to ask the question. The answer to
your question is probably accessible from the FOP Resources page[2] in
Dave Pawson's XSLT FAQ[3]

[1]
http://xml.apache.org/fop/maillist.html

[2]