From "Sells, Fred" <f...@adventistcare.org>
Subject Merging multiple PDF's into 1 file
Date Mon, 12 Jul 2004 00:02:13 GMT
I'm using a Tomcat servelt to generate multiple PDF's at one time.  This
represents a report with a bunch of attachments.  The header and footer
information varies and I may need to vary page layout.  I would prefer to
generate each PDF separately (using XML and XSLT with FOP) rather that one
big PDF.

But I need to merge the separate PDF's into a single file; preferably with
bookmarks for each file.

I would like to do this within the Java Servlet environment and not go to a
cgi script if practical.

Can anyone recommend some free (or cheap :) tools that would help to do
this. I've googled this and followed several links for tools that "promise"
to do this.  I'm hoping to take advantage of others experiences to avoid
banging through each one to see which ones deliver.

thanks, fred.