From "Rea, Matthew" <Matthew....@auspost.com.au>
Subject RE: Merging multiple PDF's into 1 file
Date Mon, 12 Jul 2004 02:11:28 GMT

Fred,

> But I need to merge the separate PDF's into a single file; preferably with
> bookmarks for each file.

I use iText to merge a number of FOP generated PDF's together into one
single PDF.  I was also able to do page numbering across the resulting
single PDF which was handy.

This iText example code shows the basics:

http://itext.sourceforge.net/src/com/lowagie/tools/concat_pdf.java

I never worried about the bookmarks requirement so can't really comment on
that one.

Best regards,

Matthew Rea

Australia Post is committed to providing our customers with excellent service. If we can assist
you in any way please telephone 13 13 18 or visit our website www.auspost.com.au.

CAUTION

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are privileged and confidential information
intended for the use of the addressee. The confidentiality and/or privilege in this e-mail
is not waived, lost or destroyed if it has been transmitted to you in error. If you have received
this e-mail in error you must (a) not disseminate, copy or take any action in reliance on
it; (b) please notify Australia Post immediately by return e-mail to the sender; and (c) please
delete the original e-mail.