From anders.malmb...@porsche.co.at
Subject Re: Invoking FOP from C++
Date Mon, 12 Jul 2004 09:01:11 GMT

> Has anyone else had any experience calling FOP from C++?
I am working on an existing product with a lot of C++ code. We are about to
change the "printing engine" from something homegrown to FOP.

I can only confirm the recommendations to embed the FOP into some sort of
Java Daemon or Servlet. The performace gains from having FOP up running and
eventually chaching stylesheets are significant.

At the time I am considering to use HTTP/XML (Servlet embedding), ORB, IPC
or RMI (Daemon embedding) as communication between the C++ system and Java
FOP.

Regards,
Anders Malmborg.