From "Saptarshi Sen" <Saptarshi_...@mindtree.com>
Subject RE: MICR font in FOP as an embedded application..
Date Wed, 03 Nov 2004 13:45:05 GMT
Hi Anil,
	I doubt if the font metrics files can be packaged into the fop.jar.
In fact, for custom fonts, you require the metrics file as well as the
ttf/ttc files. If included, these can make your jar very bulky too.

	As far as the userconfig.xml file is concerned, you can try to
extract the userconfig.xml that exists in the jar and replace it with your
own. I believe, that should work.

	I guess, other users on this list might be able to throw some light
on this issue.

Regards,
Saptarshi.

-----Original Message-----
From: Anil R. Pinto [mailto:apinto@lobotec.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 03, 2004 6:38 PM
To: fop-user@xml.apache.org
Subject: FW: MICR font in FOP as an embedded application..

-----Original Message-----
From: Anil R. Pinto [mailto:apinto@lobotec.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 03, 2004 6:35 PM
To: Saptarshi Sen
Subject: RE: MICR font in FOP as an embedded application..

Saptarshi,

Thanks a bunch for the quick reply. I had a few doubts though.

Do the font-metrics xml and userconfig xml files have to be external to the
fop.jar ?

Is it possible that the fop.jar itself already contains the required files
(font metrics xml and modified userconfig.xml) and those can be picked up
implicitly by the FOP classes ?

Can anyone in the FOP development team throw some light on the above
requirement ? I want to avoid having any external dependencies (in this case
a separate folder containing the font metrics and userconfig xmls).

Once again Saptarashi thanks for the quick response :-)

Anil.