From Glen Mazza <grm7...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Printing PDF on the client default printer.
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2004 16:14:04 GMT
Intranet or internet, same issues, no?

Glen

--- Manoj_Nair@spe.sony.com wrote:

---------------------------------
I forgot to mention that all our international offices
are connected to our LA  headoffice via
Intranet.......

-----Glen Mazza <grm7793@yahoo.com> wrote: -----

To: fop-user@xml.apache.org
From: Glen Mazza <grm7793@yahoo.com>
Date: 11/30/2004 09:12AM
Subject: Re: Printing PDF on the client default
printer.

That seems odd--HTTP normally won't (can't?) work that
way.  It seems tantamount to saying that one can make
an HTTP request from one browser and have the response
sent to another browser (on a different machine).

Would you mind getting into some details of how you
managed that?

Thanks,
Glen

--- Manoj_Nair@spe.sony.com wrote:

---------------------------------
Just wanted everyone to know that I have successfully
implemented client side printing using FOP....

Eg: If the XML file gets created on the webserver
which is located in Los Angeles and the user in
London, then the XML is converted to PDF and the PDF
file is printed on the clients default printer in
London.

Thanks
Manoj

For additional commands, e-mail: