From "J.Pietschmann" <j3322...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: Character Spacing messed up even though environment is identical
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2004 20:36:38 GMT
Jens Kisters wrote:
> i have an PDF that is generated using the same XSL:FO Template
> Nevertheless the PDF Output in a line of static text differs: One
> version has a messed up spacing between "c" and "a" .
> How can that be?

Is "spectrocampus" a single word, i.e. no embedded fo:wrapper
or such between the c and the a? If so, I'd blame either
- the PDF display program (Acrobat reader?)
- the OS glyph renderer
- a difference in screen positions, or even screen resolutions.

An interesting question would be how the PDF looks like. Convince
FOP to refrain from compressing PDF text objects (by adding
  <entry role="pdf">
     <key>stream-filter-list</key>
     <list/>
   </entry>
to the userconfig.xml), and search the PDFs for "spectrocampus"
which should now be in clear text.

J.Pietschmann