From "Jens Kisters" <j.kist...@va-ro.com>
Subject Character Spacing messed up even though environment is identical
Date Thu, 02 Dec 2004 08:58:05 GMT
Hello,

> An interesting question would be how the PDF looks like.
OK Version :
http://www.db-central.de/jens/first/certificate_jens_12ba203a599955d85d9
e399a313ecfe6_22869.pdf
Scrambled Version :
http://www.db-central.de/jens/second/certificate_bbk1_13523e22c4c9c4692a
27fa7d21c20f72_22650.pdf

>Is "spectrocampus" a single word, i.e. no embedded fo:wrapper

the fo source reads as follows

 <fo:block space-before="140px"/>
 <fo:block
 font-family="tahoma_bold"
 color="#000000"
 line-height="90px"
 font-size="90px">
  SPECTROMAXx <fo:block/>
  Product Highlights </fo:block>
 <fo:block/>
 <fo:block
 font-family="tahoma"
 color="#000000"
 font-size="78px">
 with a score of 100%
 <fo:block space-before="70px"/>
 at www.spectrocampus.com
 </fo:block>

For the full fo sources check my first email there are links leading to
it.

>or such between the c and the a? If so, I'd blame either
>- the PDF display program (Acrobat reader?)
Acrobat Reader 6 under WinXP
>- the OS glyph renderer
OS is WinXP SP 1
>- a difference in screen positions, or even screen resolutions.
The Problem occurs on the very same machine, the screenshots i provided
were made on the same machine with the same software and the pdfs were
generated on the on the same machine with the same software.

I will try to refrain the compression.

I just heard that the problem doesnt only occurr in the word
spectrocampus, it also seemed to occurr in "GmbH & Co. KG".

Kind regards
Jens Kisters