From Julia Reynolds <jreyno...@Cleartrack.com>
Subject RE: table-header question
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2005 13:28:38 GMT

Thank you,
Julia
-----Original Message-----
From: Louis.Masters@log-net.com [mailto:Louis.Masters@log-net.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 05, 2005 7:39 AM
To: fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Subject: Re: table-header question

Julia:
It looks like you need the FOP version you are running.  Run the Fop command
line with the -d option:

java org.apache.fop.apps.Fop -d -xml yourxmlfile.xml -xsl yourxslfile.xsl
-pdf debug.pdf

This will dump debugging info with one of the lines being something like:
[INFO]: FOP 0.20.3

-Lou

                      Julia Reynolds

                      <jreynolds@Clear         To:
fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org

                      track.com>               cc:

                                               Subject: table-header
question

                      04/04/2005 16:47

                      Please respond

                      to fop-users

Hi, I just inherited an fo report recently that converts xml to a pdf.

I'm trying to get the header of my table to display on each page.

I've got this in my xsl:

<fo:table table-layout="fixed" table-omit-header-at-break="false">
             <xsl:for-each select="th[position () =1]/cell">
                         <fo:table-column
column-width="proportional-column-width(1)"/>
             </xsl:for-each>
             <fo:table-header>
                         <xsl:apply-templates select="reporttable/th"/>
                         <xsl:apply-templates select="reporttable/th/cell"/>
             </fo:table-header>
             <fo:table-body>
                         <xsl:apply-templates/>
             </fo:table-body>
</fo:table>

I wonder if I might have a version problem.  I know that FO didn't fully
support this "table-omit-header-at-break"
attribute until a later version.  The jars in my installation have been
renamed without release notes.  They appear to be dated 3/3/2002.  Any way
to get FO to tell me the version from the command line?

Thanks for your time!

Julia