From Mike Trotman <mike.trot...@datalucid.com>
Subject Re: favorite tools for writing XSLT?
Date Thu, 07 Apr 2005 21:47:21 GMT
VIM also has quite good XML / XSL syntax / indenting support
and the coloured highlighting saves many mistakes and the macros, word /
bracket matching etc. saves hours of debugging.

It's still a text editor (and I prefer it to UltraEdit which is too
WIMPy for my taste), and probably takes a while to get familiar with as
(like Emacs) there are so many options / commands
There's a one or two key shortcut for most things you want to do -
whatever the programming language.
I particulalry like the way it remembers where you were in a file and
starts from where you left off the next time you open it.

And you can edit the syntax files to add your own features.

The main benefit of XMLSpy / other IDEs is that they can unpbtrusively
present you with a list of the attributes and legal values for whichever
element you are creating
which saves time when learning XSLT.

Mike

cknell@onebox.com wrote:

>Let me put in a recommendation for Windows users, UltraEdit (http://www.ultraedit.com).
It's a programmer's editor, highly configurable, very low price, and you can download a lot
of additional user-contributed utilities at no cost.

--
Datalucid Limited