From Sajeesh N Kakkat <ksaje...@in.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Layout question
Date Wed, 06 Apr 2005 13:18:14 GMT

Hello Luis,

You can try using this as a way to separate out your even and odd pages for
the before-area :

<fo:simple-page-master master-name="odd-page" page-height="11in"
page-width="8.5in">
<fo:region-body margin="30mm 14mm 22mm 14mm" />
<fo:region-before region-name="odd-before-page" extent="23mm"
precedence="false" />
</fo:simple-page-master>

<fo:simple-page-master master-name="even-page"  page-height="11in"
page-width="8.5in">
<fo:region-body margin="30mm 14mm 22mm 14mm" />
<fo:region-before region-name="even-before-page" extent="23mm"
precedence="false" />
</fo:simple-page-master>

<fo:page-sequence-master master-name="master">
                              <fo:conditional-page-master-reference
odd-or-even="odd" master-reference="odd-page" />
                              <fo:conditional-page-master-reference
odd-or-even="even" master-reference="even-page" />
</fo:page-sequence-master>

The region name, for eg,. odd-before-page is the flow-name for
fo:static-content blocks where the actual content you need is specified.

Let me know if this resolved your issue.

             Luis Ferro
             <lferro@teladigit
             al.pt>                                                     To
                                       fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
             04/06/2005 01:12                                           cc
             PM
                                                                   Subject
                                       Layout question
             Please respond to
                 fop-users

Hi everyone,

I'm a recent adept of FOP and i must say that even in the version
0.20.5, the results are impressive ;)
Gratz to everyone...

In a layout i'm assembling, i have 2 text columns, so far so good.

My problem is that i need a header for all the even pages that only
ocupies the left side of the text, but that appears in every odd page.
I'm not sure if that is possible.
I tried to define a width for the before-area, but even if it doesn't
"choke", it doesn't affect in any way the layout.

Any insight would be appresciated ;)

Cheers,
LF