From Peter Bittner <bitt...@teamworks.eu.com>
Subject FOPException: The id "N1056F" already exists in this document
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2005 15:52:42 GMT
Hi there!

I am using DocBook/XML for a while to create HTML and PDF documents from one
DocBook source file. A colleague of mine now has added a whole bunch of
enrich the document's index) in the whole document.

What now results when I try to compile the document using FOP (that is, FOP
0.20.5) to create a PDF document is a strange error I have never come
across before:

[ERROR] org.apache.fop.apps.FOPException: The id "N1056F" already exists in
this document

The *really* strange thing about this is that Saxon runs without any
problems and creates an HTML version of my DocBook document. So there is
obviously no real error, mistake or whatsoever in the source itself.

I have run FOP in debug mode (using the -d parameter) which yielded the
output attached to this message. It contains the Exceptions generated -
obviously - by the Xalan classes.

Does anybody know a solution to this problem?

Cheers, Peter