From Wiström, Magnus <Magnus.Wist...@consignit.se>
Subject FOP and Avalon
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2005 14:33:41 GMT
Hi,

We have developed a system which uses FOP for generating PDF's. This works just fine and there
is no issue with the functionality.

However, our code has been under the scrutiny of a code review and from that a concern has
been highlighted that we are using FOP which is dependent on the abandoned project Avalon
(using avalon-framework-cvs-20020806.jar). Our customer is concerned that this might be a
support/upgrade issue.

1.	Is there any plan on removing the dependency to Avalon on later versions on FOP?
2.	Is this support issue at all? I'll guess the FOP project will supply what ever jars needed.

I'm grateful for any comments that could calm down our customer.

Many Thanks for you reply.

Magnus Wiström