From delbd <de...@oma.be>
Subject Re: FOP embedding problem (NoClassDefFoundError)
Date Tue, 19 Jul 2005 09:49:26 GMT
Hi,

I downloaded FOP 0.20.5 and embedded it in a webapplication. works great.

First, i see no org.apache.fop.fo.PropertyListMaker (seems replaced by org.apache.fop.fo.PropertyListBuilder
but not sure)
Then, i see no ElementMapping$Maker too.

According to one of your mail, you are using fop 0.20.5

Here i have source of fop 0.20.5 with org.apache.fop.apps.Driver.java

at line 221 i see

 _treeBuilder = new FOTreeBuilder();

As you can see, no reference to ElementMapping$Maker or PropertyListMaker
Looks like you got the wrong sources or have some old fop libraries/classes somewhere else
on your
system messing up things.

Le Mardi 19 Juillet 2005 09:45, Samuel Remacle a écrit :
> Hello,
>

> I'm a young programmer and I'd like to embed FOP in my application, but unfortunately
I'm having some problems to do this.

> First of all, I tried to embed FOP using the code given in the sample application ExampleFO2PDF
(available with FOP), but when I tried to test my application, I got the following error:

> Exception in thread main
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org.apache.fop.fo.PropertyListMaker
>

>  at org.apache.fop.apps.Driver.<init>(Driver.java:221)
>

>  at embedding.ExampleFO2PDF.convertFO2PDF(ExampleFO2PDF.java:80)
>

>  at embedding.ExampleFO2PDF.main(ExampleFO2PDF.java:131)
>

> I checked the code of my application, but I couldn't find any error (the code is almost
the same as in the sample apllication).

> So I decided to test the sample application ExampleFO2PDF, and I got the same error (I
was expecting it).

> After seaching the web for a solution, I found (in a CVS commit) the code of the "missing
interface" (PropertyListMaker). So I added this interface to the package and I tested again
both applications, and then I got another error:

> Exception in thread main
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org.apache.fop.fo.ElementMapping$Maker
>

>  at org.apache.fop.apps.Driver.<init>(Driver.java:221)
>

>  at embedding.ExampleFO2PDF.convertFO2PDF(ExampleFO2PDF.java:80)
>

>  at embedding.ExampleFO2PDF.main(ExampleFO2PDF.java:131)
>

> I searched the web once again but I could not find the code of the "missing class". So
I decided to test the FOP application (given with the FOP API). I tested it with y FO file,
and it worked, I got my PDF file without any problem. So I tried to embed FOP in my application
using the code the the FOP application (wich is different from the code of the sample application),
but I got the same errors.

> The IDE I'm working with is Oracle JDeveloper, I added the files fop.jar, avalon-framework-cvs-20020806.jar
and ant-1.5.1.jar to the environment, I did not add the Xalan and Batik JARs to the environment
because I'm using more recent versions of Xalan and Batik. I downloaded FOP on the Apache
website.

> I hope that this mail is complete and I would be glad if you could help me to solve this
problem.

> Thanks
>

> Samuel REMACLE

David Delbecq
Royal Meteorological Institute of Belgium

-
Is there life after /sbin/halt -p?