From delbd <de...@oma.be>
Subject Re: FOP embedding problem (NoClassDefFoundError)
Date Tue, 19 Jul 2005 13:05:15 GMT
And you are sure your fop.jar comes from
http://archive.apache.org/dist/xml/fop/binaries/fop-0.20.5-bin.zip
(file fop-0.20.5/build/fop.jar in the archive) ?

Le Mardi 19 Juillet 2005 14:29, Samuel Remacle a écrit :
> >From: delbd <delbd@oma.be>
> >To: fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
> >Subject: Re: FOP embedding problem (NoClassDefFoundError)
> >Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 14:28:09 +0200
> >
> >Just a matter of curiosity, have you tried to remove your fop.jar and then run your
application?
> >(Just to find out if your code still happens to find a Driver when the jar is removed
:)

add a breakpoint in Driver init code

an old Driver.class while corresponding
should check classpath and build directory.

works great.

by org.apache.fop.fo.PropertyListBuilder but not sure)

application, but unfortunately I'm having some problems to do this.

in the sample application ExampleFO2PDF (available with FOP), but when I tried to test my
application, I got the following error:

any error (the code is almost the same as in the sample apllication).

and I got the same error (I was expecting it).

commit) the code of the "missing interface" (PropertyListMaker). So I added this interface
to the package and I tested again both applications, and then I got another error:

code of the "missing class". So I decided to test the FOP application (given with the FOP
API). I tested it with y FO file, and it worked, I got my PDF file without any problem. So
I tried to embed FOP in my application using the code the the FOP application (wich is different
from the code of the sample application), but I got the same errors.

the files fop.jar, avalon-framework-cvs-20020806.jar and ant-1.5.1.jar to the environment,
I did not add the Xalan and Batik JARs to the environment because I'm using more recent versions
of Xalan and Batik. I downloaded FOP on the Apache website.

you could help me to solve this problem.

e-mail: fop-users-help@xmlgraphics.apache.org

I also looked in the Driver class code.

I downloaded them on the Apache website, and I'm sure I don't have another version of FOP
on my system because all I installed on it (related with Java) is Oracle JDeveloper 10g and
FOP doesn't come with this program...

e-mail: fop-users-help@xmlgraphics.apache.org

> > > The goods news is that I found another fop.jar file on my system, I erased
it as well as all the references to it. The bad news is that I tested my application once
agin, and I stil have the same errors, moreover the breakpoint does not give more information
about the error. It's a rude trial for my nerves :(