From Jeremias Maerki <dev.jerem...@greenmail.ch>
Subject FOP@ApacheCon last week
Date Mon, 25 Jul 2005 13:22:39 GMT
I would like to thank everyone from the FOP user community who attended
ApacheCon last week and my session on FOP in particular. Also, thank you
for the various feedback I got and the good talks I had with some of you.

I think people are happy that they get a signal that FOP is not dead and
the end of the tunnel is visible. Personally, I was quite surprised
to see how many Apache projects are actually using (or have used) FOP
(directly or indirectly) and how important it is for them to have FOP
around. A similar picture from outside the ASF. I hope with some final
effort we can prepare FOP to be attractive again to everyone, especially
to new contributors.

I especially enjoyed meeting Christian Geisert (a FOP committer) in
person. He lives only 1 hour from Stuttgart so he decided to come in for
a visit on Tuesday.

If anyone wants to look up my slides for the FOP session, they are
available from here:
http://wiki.apache.org/apachecon/Eu2005OnlineSessionSlides

FOP lives! :-)

Jeremias Maerki