From "Bielik, Robert" <Robert.Bie...@gyros.com>
Subject Problem with SVG in FOP rendering
Date Fri, 22 Jul 2005 08:16:47 GMT
JDK 1.3.1/FOP 0.20.5

Hi all,

I have an application where I transform an XML into a XSL-FO for rendering with
the FOP AWT renderer. A standalone app doing this works perfectly. However, when I
want to embed my app into my main application, it doesn't work.

As soon as I exclude the embedded SVG parts, it works again.

I suspect it is a version problem with different XML parsers, since my main app
uses xerces too (but not the same version as FOP 0.20.5 uses).

One of the errors I've gotten is:
"java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.batik.dom.AbstractAttr: method isReadonly()Z not
found"

Other variants are NullPointerExceptions.

Everything seems to relate to Batik/XML but I can't get it to work.

Would be very grateful for ideas how to proceed...
TIA
/Rob