From Jens-Christian.P...@t-systems.com
Subject AW: build dynamic tables with FOP
Date Wed, 27 Jul 2005 07:58:56 GMT
Hi,

thanks to everyone on the list helping me on this issue. In fact it worked out by changing
the base XML to something like:

 <columns cols="3" number="0"/>
 <columns cols="3" number="1"/>
 <columns cols="3" number="2"/>

which enables me to react on it in the XSL:FO file:

<xsl:for-each select="columns">
    <fo:table-column column-width="proportional-column-width(1)" />
  </xsl:for-each>

and: which is leading me to another question - how can i optimise the width of the column
? I cannot fetch the width since its written in some CSS elsewhere on the server.

Reading about this function "proportional-column-width(num)" i found out, that it might be
used together with the table-layout='fixed' attribute value. But how can i estimate how much
percentage i.e. should be calculated for the column or is there any kind of link between these
functions/attributes to receive a kind of automation ?!

Thanks + kind regards from Hamburg

Jens

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----