From Chris Bowditch <bowditch_ch...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: FOP embedding problem (NoClassDefFoundError)
Date Tue, 19 Jul 2005 09:45:31 GMT
Samuel Remacle wrote:

<snip/>

> No I didn't mix different versions, anyway I tried again to erase the
> reference to FOP in my environment and I erased all the files related to
> FOP, I downloaded again (I think it's the fifth time) FOP 0.20.5 from
> the Apache Website and I built it, I added the JARS to my environment,
> and it doesn't work :(

hmmm... its a tricky one, but I'm afraid it works for me and hundreds of
other folks, so you must be doing something wrong somewhere.

One thing I have found about Java is the subtle difference between
ClassNotFoundException and NoClassDefFoundError. ClassNotFoundException
occurs when the class was not found in the classpath.
NoClassDefFoundError occurs when the class loader finds the class, but
fails to load it for some reason. Sometimes this can be because the
class being loaded requires another class whose definition cannot be
found. Not I'm not an expert in the internals of Java. What version of
Java are you using?

Chris