From Chris Bowditch <bowditch_ch...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Arabic PDF
Date Tue, 26 Jul 2005 12:37:12 GMT
mohamed salah wrote:

> Hello ,
>
> Can any body tell me how to create arabic PDF using fop?
> I created one by empeding Arabic font. but the text is not ordered or
> shaped. Why this happens?

bidi and right to left rendering is not supported in FOP 0.20.5. So
whilst you can generate some text using arabic glyphs there is no way to
get FOP to reverse the characters or shape ligatures etc.

> How is responsible for these tasks (ordering and shaping for arabic
> text) adobe reader or fop?

Well theres support for this functionality in XSL-FO 1.0, it just hasn't
been implemented in FOP yet. Your best bet is to try a commercial
renderer such as RenderX XEP or Antenna House XSLFormatter.

Chris