From "Samuel Remacle" <srema...@hotmail.com>
Subject FOP embedding problem (NoClassDefFoundError)
Date Tue, 19 Jul 2005 07:45:16 GMT
<P>Hello,</P>
<P>I'm a young programmer and I'd like to embed FOP in my application, but unfortunately
I'm having some problems to do this.</P>
<P>First of all, I tried to embed FOP using the code given in the sample application
ExampleFO2PDF (available with FOP), but when I tried to test my application, I got the following
error:</P>
<P>Exception in thread main<BR>java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org.apache.fop.fo.PropertyListMaker</P>
<P>&nbsp;at org.apache.fop.apps.Driver.&lt;init&gt;(Driver.java:221)</P>
<P>&nbsp;at embedding.ExampleFO2PDF.convertFO2PDF(ExampleFO2PDF.java:80)</P>
<P>&nbsp;at embedding.ExampleFO2PDF.main(ExampleFO2PDF.java:131)</P>
<P>I checked the code of my application, but I couldn't find any error (the code is
almost the same as in the sample apllication).</P>
<P>So I decided to test the sample application ExampleFO2PDF, and I got the same error
(I was expecting it).</P>
<P>After seaching the web for a solution, I found (in a CVS commit) the code of the
"missing interface" (PropertyListMaker). So I added this interface to the package and I tested
again both applications, and then I got another error:</P>
<P>Exception in thread main<BR>java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org.apache.fop.fo.ElementMapping$Maker</P>
<P>&nbsp;at org.apache.fop.apps.Driver.&lt;init&gt;(Driver.java:221)</P>
<P>&nbsp;at embedding.ExampleFO2PDF.convertFO2PDF(ExampleFO2PDF.java:80)</P>
<P>&nbsp;at embedding.ExampleFO2PDF.main(ExampleFO2PDF.java:131)<BR></P>
<P align=left>I searched the web once again but I could not find the code of the "missing
class". So I decided to test the FOP application (given with the FOP API). I tested it with
y FO file, and it worked, I got my PDF file without any problem. So I tried to embed FOP in
my application using the code the the FOP application (wich is different from the code of
the sample application), but I got the same errors.</P>
<P>The IDE I'm working with is Oracle JDeveloper, I added the files fop.jar, avalon-framework-cvs-20020806.jar
and ant-1.5.1.jar&nbsp;to the environment, I did not add the Xalan and Batik JARs to the
environment because I'm using more recent versions of Xalan and Batik. I downloaded FOP on
the Apache website.</P>
<P>I hope that this mail is complete and I would be glad if you could help me to solve
this problem.</P>
<P>Thanks</P>
<P>Samuel REMACLE</P></DIV></div></html>