From "Jeff Stanley" <jstan...@infinitecampus.com>
Subject RE: FOP embedding problem (NoClassDefFoundError)
Date Tue, 19 Jul 2005 15:30:49 GMT
Sounds like your .jar files are not being shared across different
web-apps, do you have shared jar files in the common lib folder of
Tomcat?

________________________________

From: Samuel Remacle [mailto:sremacle@hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 19, 2005 2:45 AM
To: fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Subject: FOP embedding problem (NoClassDefFoundError)

Hello,

I'm a young programmer and I'd like to embed FOP in my application, but
unfortunately I'm having some problems to do this.

First of all, I tried to embed FOP using the code given in the sample
application ExampleFO2PDF (available with FOP), but when I tried to test
my application, I got the following error:

Exception in thread main
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org.apache.fop.fo.PropertyListMaker

 at org.apache.fop.apps.Driver.<init>(Driver.java:221)

 at embedding.ExampleFO2PDF.convertFO2PDF(ExampleFO2PDF.java:80)

 at embedding.ExampleFO2PDF.main(ExampleFO2PDF.java:131)

I checked the code of my application, but I couldn't find any error (the
code is almost the same as in the sample apllication).

So I decided to test the sample application ExampleFO2PDF, and I got the
same error (I was expecting it).

After seaching the web for a solution, I found (in a CVS commit) the
code of the "missing interface" (PropertyListMaker). So I added this
interface to the package and I tested again both applications, and then
I got another error:

Exception in thread main
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org.apache.fop.fo.ElementMapping$Maker

 at org.apache.fop.apps.Driver.<init>(Driver.java:221)

 at embedding.ExampleFO2PDF.convertFO2PDF(ExampleFO2PDF.java:80)

 at embedding.ExampleFO2PDF.main(ExampleFO2PDF.java:131)

I searched the web once again but I could not find the code of the
"missing class". So I decided to test the FOP application (given with
the FOP API). I tested it with y FO file, and it worked, I got my PDF
file without any problem. So I tried to embed FOP in my application
using the code the the FOP application (wich is different from the code
of the sample application), but I got the same errors.

The IDE I'm working with is Oracle JDeveloper, I added the files
fop.jar, avalon-framework-cvs-20020806.jar and ant-1.5.1.jar to the
environment, I did not add the Xalan and Batik JARs to the environment
because I'm using more recent versions of Xalan and Batik. I downloaded
FOP on the Apache website.

I hope that this mail is complete and I would be glad if you could help
me to solve this problem.

Thanks

Samuel REMACLE