From JBry...@s-s-t.com
Subject Re: build dynamic tables with FOP
Date Tue, 26 Jul 2005 16:59:16 GMT
Hi, Jens,

That's one way to handle it. If you don't want to pass a parameter to your
transformation process, though, you can also have the XSLT count the
number of columns in the source document and generate the correct number
of columns. I don't like having to examine a file and set a parameter
(whether I do it myself or with some other process), so I tend to make my
XSLT figure out such things.

Jay Bryant
Bryant Communication Services

Jens-Christian.Pohl@t-systems.com
07/26/2005 11:40 AM
Please respond to
fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org

fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
cc

Subject
build dynamic tables with FOP

Hi,
i am trying to build dynamic tables using FOP 0.20.50 within a CMS.
It seems to be a bit awkward building dynamic tables, cause i dont really
know, how many columns this table is going to have.
As i found out at the apache website, FOP does not support the
table-layout='auto' attribute within the fo:table tag.
Does this mean, that you would have to count the possible table-columns ?
And how is this supposed to work ?
Considering this XML, where the maxCols attribute shows you the number of
columns, this table is supposed to have:
and you are inside the fo:table element, could one do something like this:

 <xsl:param name="columnsCounter" select="/child::tr/attribute::maxCols"/>

  <fo:table-column width="30"
number-columns-repeated="{$columnsCounter}"/>

or is there a better way to cope with this ?!?
Anyhow, if i got quite a complex table, my Tomcat is tremendously busy ..
;o)
Many thanks 4 your help + kind regards from Hamburg
Jens