From Louis.Mast...@log-net.com
Subject Re: FOP 0.20.3 and Acrobat 7
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2005 16:07:54 GMT

I think this is a known issue in 0.20.3.  I believe the bug ID is 9054.
Upgrading to 0.20.4 seems to fix it.

You can also check out the Adobe forums for more info:  Go to the Reader
forum and search on 'fop'.

-Lou

|---------+--------------------------->
|         |           "Gehrer Helmut" |
|         |           <helmut.gehrer@v|
|         |           isana.ch>       |
|         |                           |
|         |           07/01/2005 11:11|
|         |           Please respond  |
|         |           to fop-users    |
|         |                           |
|---------+--------------------------->

  |        cc:
                                       |
  |        Subject: FOP 0.20.3 and Acrobat 7

Hi

I've an interesting issue regarding FOP (0.20.3) and Acrobat 7:

We have several PDF-docs, which are generate online by a servlet using fop.
This worked fine with Acrobat 4 - 6. But now we got feedback from a user,
that - after the installation of acrobat 7
      Acrobat opens in a own window, although it is configured to open
      within the browser.
      it opens a popup displaying "There were to much arguments"
      The browser window shows a "frozen" part of the document.
      The document than looks ok in the reader :-/
It seems not to be one of those IE-problems, it appears also in Firefox.

Acrobat displays the same message, if the generated file is stored locally
and than opened. Other PDF's are opened without any problem, that's why I
believe, that the message has something to do with the contents of the
generated file (you find an example as appendix).

Anyone any ideas?

Thanks,

Helmut(See attached file: E111_de.pdf)