From Andreas L.Delmelle <a_l.delme...@pandora.be>
Subject Re: Document off by a line
Date Thu, 14 Jul 2005 19:11:41 GMT
On Jul 14, 2005, at 20:42, Neil Guinto wrote:

>> So, when you use pre-printed forms, do you mean that the multi-page
>> documents are actually collections of forms (different pages but all
>> the same layout)?
>>
> Exactly.
>
>> If the form itself is only one or two pages, you may be able to avoid
>> the problem by working with explicit breaks (break-before /
>> break-after), instead of letting the formatter take care of the
>> implicit page-breaks.
>
> Could you elaborate? To give further info, in our case a single line
> translates to a fo:block
>
> Here is a condensed version of our source... It repeats several times.
> fo:page-sequence signifies page separation.

So, you're actually using one page-sequence for each page? A bit
puzzling, since I'd expect no mysterious carry-over of excess space
between page-sequences...
Do you know if this is AWTRenderer specific? (Have you tried rendering
the same document to PDF or PostScript to see if something similar
occurs?)

BTW: did you notice that the line-height for your document is smaller
than the font-size? Don't know if this could be causing strange
behaviour...

Anyway, what I was hinting at was keeping the whole lot in one
page-sequence, but adding an explicit 'break-after="page"' to what you
know will be the last line of the page.

<fo:page-sequence line-height="8pt" font-size="12pt"
                   font-family="Courier" master-reference="First-Page">
   <fo:flow flow-name="xsl-region-body">
     <fo:block ...>Line 1</fo:block>
     <!-- continued until last block on the page -->
     <fo:block break-after="page">Last Line</fo:block>

     <fo:block ...>Line 1</fo:block>
     <!-- continued ... -->
     <fo:block break-after="page">Last Line</fo:block>
   </fo:flow>
</fo:page-sequence>

Of course, this will only work if the page-masters are the same for all
pages...

Greetz,

Andreas