From The Web Maestro <the.webmaes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: baseDir Problem with images
Date Mon, 04 Jul 2005 15:06:44 GMT
On Jul 4, 2005, at 7:57 AM, Peter Kalsch wrote:
<snip>
> 6. I'm looking in the mailing for similar problems. But all proposals
> to solve the problem failed.
> And whatever I try, I got more than less the same error:
>
> "Error while creating area : Invalid Image URL - error on relative URL
> : no protocol:
>
> usr/local/tomcat/webapss/webAT/templates/pdf/logotr.gif"
>

> Additionally, I tried an alternative:
> servlet init()-Method :
> snip
> Configuration.put("baseDir", "file:" +
> getServletContext().getRealPath("/WebAT/templates/pdf/") );
> snip
> errormessage:
> "Error while recovering Image Informations
> (file:/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/webAT/WebAT/templates/pdf/logotr.gif)
> : /usr/local/tomcat/webapps/webAT/WebAT/templates/pdf/logotr.gif (No
> such file or directory)"
>

> further informations:
> Eclipse 3.0.2
> Apache Tomcat/5.0.28
> FOP 0.20.5
>
> Any idea? Have I overlooked a simple fault?
> Thanks in advance
> Peter

In my experience, the 'default' basedir is where the Source XML file is
stored. If you could place the graphics in a sub-directory of that
folder, it should work (unless you're streaming the XML...). One other
alternative I didn't see in your e-mail is using a URL instead of a
PATH.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Web Maestro Clay