From Manuel Mall ...@arcus.com.au>
Subject Re: tabular text reports with width specified by number of characters
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2005 10:10:21 GMT
If you use a non proportional font the width of the characters is fixed
and depends on the font size only. For example if you use a non
its font sizes you can use something like "10*0.8em" as a column-width
specification.

If you use a proportional font you can only approximate the actual width
of n characters by making an assumption on the average width of the
characters used.

Manuel