From Andreas L Delmelle <a_l.delme...@pandora.be>
Subject Re: Footnotes in RTF
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2005 20:17:26 GMT
On Nov 8, 2005, at 21:12, Jeremias Maerki wrote:

> On 08.11.2005 00:44:15 matthias reinert wrote:
> <snip/>
>> PS:
>> The footnote-thing is not over yet. There is a controlWord like
>> "ftnallt"
>> written in RTFFootnote which certainly is a typo and should be
>> "ftnalt" which
>> indicates "show Footnotes at the End, somehow as Endnotes" by the
>> way...
>> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dnrtfspec/html/
>> RTFSpec_62.asp?frame=true
>> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dnrtfspec/html/
>> rtfspec_16.asp?FRAME=true#rtfspec_18
>
> I fixed the typo. Thanks for finding it. What "endnotes" means
> eludes me
> somehow. :-)

Just means that the footnote references refer to a note in a list
that only appears at the end of the document.

It's somewhat different from an fo:footnote. To translate it in XSL-
FO, I guess that's practically only doable at the XSLT stage... using
a combination of xsl:number, superscript and an endnote list that is
added only as the last block in the document.

Cheers,

Andreas