From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: FOP PDF content height calculations
Date Mon, 07 Nov 2005 07:49:14 GMT

On 27.10.2005 18:10:24 Ben Geyer wrote:
> Since Rachel's limitation seems to be the number of pages, would another
> approach be to continue processing questions until you reached the end of
> the fourth page? Is there any capability in FOP that would allow for
> listening for this event and then tracking which question was the last
> rendered?

Something like that would be extremely hacky. It would be difficult to
determine where to actually stop processing. That's why I suggested a
different approach to Rachel earlier. There are some ideas about adding
feedback mechanisms (listeners and stuff) to FOP but I don't think you
could cleanly solve the problem like you propose.

> Also, what's the status of the Trunk? Is it fairly stable? Since I haven't
> seen a roadmap, it's hard for me to judge how close FOP is to a release.

Have a look at these pages:
http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/status.html
http://wiki.apache.org/xmlgraphics-fop/ReleasePlanFirstPR

Jeremias Maerki