From matthias reinert <matthias.rein...@web.de>
Subject Re: Footnotes in RTF
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2005 02:05:36 GMT
Am Dienstag, 8. November 2005 21:17 schrieb Andreas L Delmelle:
> On Nov 8, 2005, at 21:12, Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> > On 08.11.2005 00:44:15 matthias reinert wrote:
> > <snip/>
> >
> >> PS:
> >> The footnote-thing is not over yet. There is a controlWord like
> >> "ftnallt"
> >> written in RTFFootnote which certainly is a typo and should be
> >> "ftnalt" which
> >> indicates "show Footnotes at the End, somehow as Endnotes" by the
> >> way...
> >> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dnrtfspec/html/
> >> RTFSpec_62.asp?frame=true
> >> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dnrtfspec/html/
> >> rtfspec_16.asp?FRAME=true#rtfspec_18
> >
> > I fixed the typo. Thanks for finding it. What "endnotes" means
> > eludes me
> > somehow. :-)
>
> Just means that the footnote references refer to a note in a list
> that only appears at the end of the document.
>
> It's somewhat different from an fo:footnote. To translate it in XSL-
> FO, I guess that's practically only doable at the XSLT stage... using
> a combination of xsl:number, superscript and an endnote list that is
> added only as the last block in the document.
>

> Cheers,
>
> Andreas

Sorry to have been imprecise due to poor knowledge of expression conventions
in regard to xsl-FO. I was simply not sure how notes and places are properly
named by xsl-fo convention.

The controlword "\ftnalt" lets Notes appear at the end of the document. I was
surprised by "ftnallt" found in the code  because I expected footnotes to be
at the end of each page. So the controlword "ftnallt" appeared to me to be a
"double fault" unless it is intended to create endnotes for some other
reason.

By correcting the controlword to "ftnalt" FOP-RTF will produce "Endnotes"
which are shown at ~the bottom of~ the last page.

I subscribed to fop-dev and can continue there.