From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: Tables spanning two or more pages - missing border lines
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2005 10:55:32 GMT
Hi Klaus

Actually, the new behaviour is correct. Now, I assume a lot of people
will say: "Huh?" :-)

Let me explain:

We recently implemented conditionality handling for border, padding and
spaces. The conditionality part of a border-before-width, for example,
is by default "discard" which means that the border gets omitted if it's
at the start of a reference area (a page in your case) and not the first
area generated. Have a look at:
http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl/slice7.html#border-before-width

So if you want to make sure that the border is painted in every case you
need to change:

      <fo:table table-omit-header-at-break="false"
                table-layout="fixed"
                width="18cm"
                border-collapse="separate"
                border-style="solid"
                border-width="3pt"
                border-color="blue" line-height="100pt">

to:

      <fo:table table-omit-header-at-break="false"
                table-layout="fixed"
                width="18cm"
                border-collapse="separate"
                border-style="solid"
                border-width="3pt"
                border-color="blue"
                border-before-width="3pt"
                border-before-width.conditionality="retain"
                border-after-width="3pt"
                border-after-width.conditionality="retain"
                line-height="100pt">

Note that you need to repeat border-before-width and border-after-width.
Otherwise, the width is reset to the default value. Since you start to
specify border-before-width.conditionality the shorthand ("border-width")
gets ignored for that property. See our current interpretation here:

And please note that conditionality components have not been implemented
for table-cells, yet, only for all other FOs.

On 08.11.2005 11:16:23 Klaus.Haeussler wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I have a table spanning two or more pages with the setting
> table-omit-header-at-break="false". There should be border lines
> around the whole table on every page and around the tableheader
> on every page. With the committed revision 327156 this worked
> fine. But now something was changed and the top and bottom
> border lines are missing on pages where the table is continuing.
>
> I attached the Fo-file (tabletest.fo) and two Pdf-files
> (tabletest_Rev_327156.pdf, generated with revision 327156;
> tabletest_Rev_330576.pdf, generated with revision 330576).
>
> Best regards,
> Klaus
>
> (See attached file: tabletest.fo)(See attached file:
> tabletest_Rev_327156.pdf)(See attached file: tabletest_Rev_330576.pdf)

Jeremias Maerki