From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: Footnotes in RTF
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2005 20:12:31 GMT

On 08.11.2005 00:44:15 matthias reinert wrote:
<snip/>
> PS:
> The footnote-thing is not over yet. There is a controlWord like "ftnallt"
> written in RTFFootnote which certainly is a typo and should be "ftnalt" which
> indicates "show Footnotes at the End, somehow as Endnotes" by the way...
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dnrtfspec/html/RTFSpec_62.asp?frame=true
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dnrtfspec/html/rtfspec_16.asp?FRAME=true#rtfspec_18

I fixed the typo. Thanks for finding it. What "endnotes" means eludes me
somehow. :-)

> F.i. Word97 RTF footnote-numbers seem to be controlled by "\chftn 	Automatic
> footnote reference (footnotes follow in a group) & \ftnstartN 	Beginning
> footnote number (the default is 1)."  which is not used by FOP-RTF. The
> FOP-RTF approach seems to be bound to footnote-creating in xsl-FO, which
> makes it hard to create a proper footnote (the footnote-body pair of (number
> orreference) plus text is becoming a kind of space separated paragraph in
> RTF, the foonotes will be not changeable therefore)
>
> Is someone working on the RTF branch to ask or coordinate?

Peter Herweg is mostly our RTF guy, although I also care about this part.
If there's anything to ask or coordinate, please subscribe to
fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by sending an empty mail to
fop-dev-subscribe@xmlgraphics.apache.org, and send it there. Peter and I
will be happy to help where we can. The only rule is that any
development discussion should go through the fop-dev mailing list and
not via bilateral talks.

Jeremias Maerki