From Manuel Mall ...@arcus.com.au>
Subject Re: FOP and right to left layouts
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2005 06:27:10 GMT
On Wed, 9 Nov 2005 02:11 pm, Abbas Mousavi wrote:
> I recommend use of FarsiWeb font set (az they are the first standard
> unicode Persian fonts)
>
> http://www.farsiweb.info/wiki/Products/PersianFonts
> <http://www.farsiweb.info/wiki/Products/PersianFonts>
>
> or fonts from arabeyes project
>
> http://arabeyes.org <http://arabeyes.org>
>
> and also I am ready for help developing right to left suppport for
> FOP specialy for help in testing.

Thank you for these pointers. While we may not be able to actually put
these fonts into the FOP repository for licensing reasons we can
certainly treat them in the same way as the hyphenation pattern files.
That is reference them, use them in test cases, etc. just not
physically store them in any public Apache repository. Unless of course
the current owners of the fonts are prepared to license them in an
Apache compatible way.

As said before any help is welcome although I guess that help needed
with r-l testing is still quite a while off because neither design nor
implementation on this feature has started in earnest.

Manuel