From "Danny" <danny.gallag...@gainergroup.com>
Subject RE: Large PDF - Performance
Date Sat, 12 Nov 2005 00:03:53 GMT
Ok, so continuing from where I was.

I plugged saxon into my application (JAVA) code.

1000 TRANSACTION element report (report button click in application to pdf
display to user)

Before using xalan (4 minutes 20 seconds)

Now using saxon (1 minute 45 seconds)

The only change that I had to make to the application was to set the system
property
javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory=net.sf.saxon.TransformerFactoryImpl
so that the application would use saxon instead of the default (xalan).
And adding the saxon8.jar, of course.

So that all worked great, for a little while.

Now the report is taking as long as it did before for some reason and I have
no idea why.  I verified that the application is using the saxon transformer
in two ways:

1. By specifying the xsl:vendor in the xsl.

2. By making sure that the class that is returned from the
TransformerFactory is an instance of net.sf.saxon.Controller

I restarted the application multiple times, even rebooted my PC, to no
avail.

Anyone ever seen this type of behavior before?

Thanks

Danny Gallagher
The Gainer Group
6525 The Corners Parkway