From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: Compiled FOP versions
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2005 13:50:45 GMT
You're pretty much out of luck at the moment. It is on my list to make
FOP compile with GCJ/Classpath but so far I've had no time to go after
it. At the moment a JVM is simply required.

What you can try, though, is install a JVM for that machine yourself.
But you have to figure out yourself if you're allowed to do that.

On 16.11.2005 14:29:15 Manuel Strehl wrote:
> Hi there.
>
> I didn't find any post in the last months concerning my point. If it was
> discussed earlier, I'd like to apologize.
>
> My Problem: My provider doesn't offer a Java VM on the servers. So I'm
> looking for another possibility to run FOP. I found out (at Wikipedia)
> that you can compile Java written programs to machine code (e.g., with
> the Gnu CJ). Well, actually I'm still using Windows and I have no clue
> where to compile it for Linux.
>
> I am looking for:
> - already compiled versions of FOP (for Linux; SuSe, I think)
> - any tips or hints how I could use FOP on a server without having a
> Java VM.
>
> Does anyone have an idea?

Jeremias Maerki