From Prakash R <ragh...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: FOP font width for custom font (Arial)
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2005 00:17:04 GMT
Thanks Manuel. I understand the difference now. Let me
rephrase my question.

I'm using Arial font in FOP and when I render it to
PDF with a specific font type and size (bold, size 12
pt) and I do the same with Microsoft word and print
both. It is exact same line and same font etc. The
Microsoft version of it is longer (when I overlay and
compare) than the FOP version even though both are
using the same fonts? Somehow the spacing of the
characters/words seems to be different in FOP than
with word.

Is this a known issue? Can this be corrected? This is
causing some inconsistency between 2 formats namely
word and PDF. Please help.

Thank you.
Prakash