From "J.Pietschmann" <j3322...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: Overflowing of Japanese/Chinese Chars
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2005 19:48:12 GMT
Fabrizio Caldas wrote:
> I create a PDF using FOP, when I create a PDF in English the text works fine.
> But when I create the PDF in Japanese and Chinese the text overflows.
>
> Has anyone had experience with this problem?

It depends on what you mean by "the text overflows" and on the
content. I guess you mean that text overruns the line end because
there are no (ASCII) white spaces in the line. FOP 0.20.5 can't
generate line breaks for east-asean languages written without spaces
delimiting words. In this case the workaround is to insert zero width
spaces (U+200B) in appropriate places, preferably while authoring the
content.

J.Pietschmann