From "J.Pietschmann" <j3322...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: Large PDF - Performance
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2005 20:10:29 GMT
Andreas L Delmelle wrote:
>> Oh, you might want to look into pre-compiled stylesheets, too. Saxon
>> supports those. I don't know about Xalan.
>
> It does: see http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/xsltc_usage.html

Well, XSLTC compiles XSLT into Java. Compiled style sheets are usually
a bit less drastic, it just means the style sheet is kept in a
javax.xml.transform.Templates object. This saves parsing the XML into
an internal data structure and static optimizations. Standard Xalan
supports compiled style sheets in the latter sense too.
Not that XSLTC is actually a completely separate code base and has
quite a bit more problems than standard Xalan.

J.Pietschmann