From Manuel Strehl <manuel.str...@stud.uni-regensburg.de>
Subject Compiled FOP versions
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2005 13:29:15 GMT
Hi there.

I didn't find any post in the last months concerning my point. If it was
discussed earlier, I'd like to apologize.

My Problem: My provider doesn't offer a Java VM on the servers. So I'm
looking for another possibility to run FOP. I found out (at Wikipedia)
that you can compile Java written programs to machine code (e.g., with
the Gnu CJ). Well, actually I'm still using Windows and I have no clue
where to compile it for Linux.

I am looking for:
- already compiled versions of FOP (for Linux; SuSe, I think)
- any tips or hints how I could use FOP on a server without having a
Java VM.

Does anyone have an idea?

Best Regards
Manuel