From Andreas L Delmelle <a_l.delme...@pandora.be>
Subject Re: FOP Performance
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2005 19:03:42 GMT
On Nov 10, 2005, at 14:22, Christian Loock wrote:

Hi,

> I've set up an application using FOP 0.20.5 to generate dynamic PDF
> Contents...
>
> Using it on our development Server works very finde and fast but the
> same app on an other Server seems to be much slower...

Well, for starters: development servers usually are much less heavily
loaded, which could explain why the same process runs much faster on
the first.

Are you absolutely certain that the workload on both servers is equal
(or comparable)? If your development server has 10 other processes
running at the same time, and your production server has a 100 other
processes running, then it should be clear that one can't expect both
machines to perform the rendering in the same amount of time (unless
the production server is much more powerful)

What order of magnitude are you talking about (Two, three or twenty
times slower)? Have you performed any measurements?

HTH!

Greetz,

Andreas